Molekule is a San Francisco-based technology company. This company designs and manufactures air purifiers that use photoelectrochemical oxidation (PECO) and can be used against chemicals, microbes, allergens, and other forms of air pollution. The company’s R & D takes place on the University of South Florida campus and began shipping to Canada, India and South Korea in 2020.
Molekule Air Pro Air Purifier SQ2P Features
The Molekule Air Pro SQ2P is an innovative air purifier designed to cover an area of 1000 square feet, whether at home or in a professional setting. Air Pro delivers 3x the airflow of Molekule’s award-winning consumer devices and offers two automated modes that provide additional protection against particles. Air Pro uses Molekule’s patented PECO air purification technology. PECO not only collects airborne particles like a traditional air purifier, but also destroys VOCs, bacteria, molds, viruses, allergens and more at the molecular level.
- FDA-cleared to Destroy Viruses: Molekule Air Pro is FDA-cleared as a 510(k) Class II medical device to destroy viruses, bacteria and mold and trap 95% of particles 0.3-1 micron in size.
- Designed for Large Rooms: Designed to meet the needs of large residential or commercial spaces up to 1,000 square feet with 3x the airflow of Molekule’s award-winning consumer devices.
- PECO-powered: Powered by PECO-PECO’s innovative technology can not only collect pollutants, but also destroy them.
- Particle Sensor: Detects a series of air particles of three sizes to better understand substances in the air, from PM10 (pollen) and PM2.5 (dust) to smaller than PM1 (smoke).
- Two Auto Protect modes: Standard and Quiet automatically regulate fan speed based on particle levels, at noise levels ideal for day or night, as well as a 6-speed manual mode.
- Quiet:Standard and Quiet automatically adjust the fan speed according to the particle level. 33-decibel low speed is sonically unobtrusive.
- Smart & connected: Easily control the touch screen interface. For even more convenience, connect to WiFi and control remotely using your iPhone or Android app.
- No ozone: Molekule Air Pro does not emit ozone; even more it can destroy it.
How Do Molekule Air Purifiers Work?
Molekule series air purifiers use filtration and ultraviolet (UV) radiation to capture and destroy viruses and bacteria in the air. They do this through low energy UV and two different filters.
There is a fan inside the purifier, which draws air from that space into a deeper filter through an external filter. External filter can capture larger molecules such as gas particles, mold and dust.
Inside the deeper filter, the air is exposed to UV light, destroying harmful microbial particles. It then expels air through the vents at the top of the device. This process, called photoelectrochemical oxidation or PECO, is unique to Molekule products.
At present, only the Molekule air purifier uses PECO tech destroy particles which distinguishes Molekule from other air purifiers, most of which use HEPA filtration to trap these particles and remove them from the air.
What Customers Say
I was impressed by the quality of this Molekule Air Pro FDA Air Purifier. For me, it’s worth the money as the air that my family and I breathe at home is clean. It is also ideal for removing odors. On the first morning, I had an air purifier we made bacon. I like the smell of bacon, but this air purifier did not. It worked to get rid of the smell of bacon. But this makes me very happy because I don’t have to worry about unpleasant foods such as salmon remaining in the air.
The air purifier is very convenient to use. This application for this air purifier is not the best, some work is needed to eliminate some errors and improve its functionality, but you don’t need to install the application on your phone to use the air purifier.It is also the most beautiful air purifier I have ever seen.